View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brandon Harris Penalty on Punt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Well... what I meant was that I have seen referees call it a illegal helmet to helmet contact before. They called this one a defenseless receiver. Why is there variation in the wording of penalties that apparently mean the same thing?
I think they are getting away from the helmet to helmet language & being more specific. Helmet to helmet is not a penalty unless it's against a defenseless receiver, QB, & there are some other extenuating circumstances like launching yourself into a player, or using the crown of your helmet.

Helmet to helmet happens all the time & imo, can't be a penalty in & of itself.