View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brandon Harris Penalty on Punt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
So it sounds like what I have been saying is correct - if Harris got there .5 seconds later probably no penalty because the player would have been 'set?'
I don't know about .5 seconds later, but if the receiver would have made a football move (I don't know if that language is in the rules), or clearly made the transition from defenseless receiver to runner, that hit would not have drawn a flag.

But it's a judgement call. The first one in this video is clear, the receiver is still in the act of catching the ball. He should not be hit above the shoulders. The second one, the flag is thrown by two officials, but it appears to me that the receiver has made the transition from receiver to runner. It appears he lowers his head to protect himself.