View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: JJ Watt absurd numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Based on your description of Wade's system, which I agree with, Watt equates to a DT, not a DE.
I will say this. When we first drafted Mario, we had notions of moving him all over the line in a 4-3. We'd play him at RDE, LDE, & sometimes move him inside, depending on match-ups.

We "experimented" with that a little bit when he was a rookie. It "appeared" to not have the desired affect, from then on he predominately stayed at Strong-side DE.

Mario simply didn't have the football IQ when he entered the league as Watt did. But I'd have loved to see what a Wade Phillips could do with a rookie Mario, or the 6 years he was here.

All that to say Jj Watt does well, moving all over the defensive front.