View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012   #129
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm trying to lay off Matt as much as possible. I'm just trying to enjoy the season.

But, you bring up a good point. If he was clutch, why didn't we win in regulation?

Why did we put a kicker on the field to win it in OT instead of converting a third down & scoring a TD?

If you believe Matt is clutch & the answers to those questions lie somewhere else.... i.e. the head coach, then why do the same people defend the head coach?

If Schaub is clutch, he doesn't check out of the called play to a run play. He keeps the ball in his hands when the game is on the line. If we everybody is covered & we can't make the play, he throws it away & we're no worse off than we were with that draw play that never works. Not only does it never work, nothing positive ever comes out of it.

This is not an insult to Matt Schaub. He's got his pluses, this just isn't one of them.

It's great, that you don't have to force anything when you have a defense like we've got, or when you've got a running back like we've got.

But when you've got arguably the best WR in the game (those same people argue he hasn't lost a step), third & 17, a clutch QB wants the ball in his hands.
Don't think it's on Schaub. Kubiak has a bible that Schaub follows, and he is programmed to do what Kubes tells him to do.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote