View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brandon Harris Penalty on Punt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i know that but he had time to call fair catch. IMO its a dumb rule simply for that reason, the guy has enough balls not to call fair catch then i think he should be able to take a hit regardless of if its helmet to helmet. Just my opinion.
I agree with '76

That player probably doesn't see it as an issue either. He probably thinks just like you. He could have called fair catch. He didn't, so the play is still live. He can juke & return the ball, or a defender could come in & decleat him.

However, this has nothing to do with that. This is about the NFL covering their butts. They are currently being sued by a couple hundred former players. In truth, the NFL should probably ban all hits to the head. However, I think they've reached what should be an acceptable compromise by only banning hits to the heads of defenseless players. A player who is not preparing to get hit. He's either catching a ball, or throwing a ball.

Once that player secures the ball & begins to advance the ball by dodging danger, hit him in the head. Well, you can't use the crown of your helmet as a weapon and launch yourself into him, but other than that, it's still football.