View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012   #17
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
It's not about "not hitting" him. You can hit him just like any other receiver in the act of catching the ball.

You can not hit a player in the head if he is in the act of catching the ball.

Hits to the head are illegal to defenseless players.

Had he caught the ball and took a step, there would have been no penalty on Brandon Harris, because the "runner" has the opportunity to brace himself, tuck his head, or roll with the blow.
I get what you're saying and the refs got the call right on the field. But I'm just saying I think they should change this rule because PRs in actuality are not "defenseless". They can call a fair catch to avoid a hit. They can protect themselves if they want to.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote