Thread: AJ is back !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012   #41
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ is back !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
How soon do we forget about his TD vs Arizona...
That's really desperate digging something over two years ago. That play was late the 4th Q in a close game near the end zone.

Mean while someone like Fitz or Steve Smith play with a slugger-like approach after a catch on every single play. AJ is more physically gifted and imposing than most top 10 WR out there and yet he's content with just getting on base instead of hitting one out the park. And please do bring out the game winning run against Jax. He was following great downfield blocking and coast from there.

AJ is doing CB's a favor by just covering up and letting them make the tackle. I want him to break their ankle with jukes, make them whiff with spin moves, shove face mask down their throats with stiff arm.

He still has all the tools. He's a beast. I want him to be a killer running with the ball. I'm not asking him to make that effort on every play. I know he puts ball securities first and that's great and smart. But once in awhile, let that beast come out to play. Give fans something more to cheer about after catching it.

I remember a while back at a sports bar, everytime AJ makes a catch I can see all the Texans fan in front of me immediately stand up over the table turned to each other for high fives before the play was even over, blocking the TV screen from me while they celebrate.

I use to get mad everytime they do that. But when they sit back down and the TV screen is back in view I realize AJ is almost always no more than 3 or 4 yards from where he caught the ball.

Mean while a section next to me was hosting the Bears game with all their die-hard fans. Every time B. Marshall catches a pass I noticed all their fans eye's remain lock to the TV, still seated, hands clutched to their drinks, watching every seconds of every stride at #15 until a sure tackle is made. Because they know their playmaking reciever can easily turn a short slant or hitch into a nice looking house all by himself.

Sadly for AJ the suspense is usually immediately over after a catch.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote