Thread: Cry babies
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cry babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I thought Ball did a good job yesterday but let's face it, CJ's production went way down once KJ got on him. JJo almost certainly would have made that pick as well.
I'm not arguing Kj vs Ball, Kj wins that hands down.

I'm talking Ball vs Jj who knows how that would have turned out. Getting that INT would have been huge & yeah, chances are Jjo would have got that one.

What I like about Jjo, is that he isn't the kind of CB that covers his receiver so well that the QB won't throw it. He plays loose enough so the QB thinks they have a chance. Jjo is pretty good about challenging the receiver for the ball that it usually ends up in an incompletion, or an INT. At least that's who he was last year.

This year, not so much. The receiver has been winning that battle more times than not this year. Last year he won more of those battles. I'm blaming his groin for that.

What we saw in Ball yesterday, was pretty much the same thing. A little loose, challenged for every ball. Ball just isn't as good as challenging for the ball as Jjo is, even while hurt.

Kj is a different kind of guy all together. He hasn't shown to be very good at challenging for the ball..... kinda good, alright, maybe. But definitely not "very good" Where he excells, is like you said in another thread. The receiver just doesn't look open, so the QB moves on in his progression.