View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Day Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
In post #24 I said that I see our early rounds of the draft going like this:

1. NT or CB.
2. WR
3. OT/OG, a guy like Wagner that can most likely play both.
3b. ILB

I'd like to modify that assessment to include possibly DE in the 1st round. I think it's a possibility the Texans could do much the same thing that was done in the 2012 draft, selecting a 1st round pick as insurance against losing a FA at the end of the next season. Mercilus in 2012 was insurance against losing Barwin to FA in 2013. I could see the Texans doing this in 2013 for Antonio Smith's spot at DE by selecting Sheldon Richardson-DE from Missouri. Richardson is 6'04" and 295 lbs. very quick off the snap, high motor, and doesn't give up on a play. Does that sound like anyone else we know? I see him more as a DE in our system, replacing Smith, but it's possible the Texans could play him at NT as well considering we run a 1 gap system that thrives on putting pressure on the QB, doubtful though.

Have you guys seen Sheldon Richardson-DT, I'm impressed by him.
If Sheldon Richardson is available 32nd he would be BPA, IMO.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 11-23-2012 at 02:03 PM.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote