View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012   #59
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Same ole sorry Kubiak

You know, I made a comment to my wife on a walk after the game and dinner, that if I were the HC, the Texans would be 11-0 right now....

Ha! It sounded good, but the moment I said it, just as the moment any of you read that I said it, the BS flag started to rise. Anyhow, my self awareness of BS, got me thinking.. There is SO much more to being a HC than play calling, that I'll never know or see on TV. All I can relate to is play calling.

I think it's fair to say that Gary is a players coach, and probably a damn good coach overall. But he's definitely got some upside on the play calling side of the game.

Who know's why he's so conservative... At 10-1, he certainly can sit back and point to the score board to anyone who wants to question him.

Here's my takeaway from this thread, today's game and the season, overall, thus far:

This team is for sure one of the better teams in the NFL, records aside. I would HOPE that Kubiak will use the season long commitment to conservative play calling to cash in on pantsing some unsuspecting opponent in the playoffs or better yet the Super Bowl...

However.... I have my doubts as to whether Houston gets a crack at the Lombardi trophy. The special teams WILL cost us when the bad teams are home and Houston is playing the better teams in the NFL in January.

But for today.. The turkey tastes better than it should!!!