View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012   #125
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Besides Watt, D-line simply just not getting done this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Do you have a link to those stats? Or at least some context Or how those numbers are calculated?

I find it hard to believe that wades playing a 34 and his NT and DE's are getting 33 sacks and his OLB's are only getting 6. Even If you have Bruce smith and watt both in your interior and they are getting 10 a piece, that means 10 more sacks have to come from the NT or back up DE's/dt's.

Even our olb's are doing more than that.

Are they counting blitzes from the interior? Or are you adding these numbers yourself?
That's why I said even I was surprised.

I just go to pro-football reference.com and counted them myself.

Bruce Smith regularly get between 10-14 sacks a year by himself.

The Bills had a good DE in Phil Hansen who contributed 10, 8, 6, 7.5, 6 in Wade's first 5 years (and 2 in Wade's last year.)
They complimented him with Marcellus Wiley (who had 3.5, 5, 10.5 sacks in 98,99, and 2000 - toward the end of Hansen's career.)

Big Ted averaged more than 3 sacks.
They also had Pat Williams (who went to the Vikings toward the end of his career) to spell Ted Washington and he averaged nearly 3 sacks between 1998-2000 (3 years).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote