View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Week Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I agree with you on Ansah being better than Mercilus in long run and we have only to look at most recent draft of Mercilus to add to rotation. If Barwin leaves (and I'm glad to see you considering that)we know Texans could use #1 on OLB let alone a second rounder.
Don't know about being better than Mercilus in the long run. (What makes you say that?) but if you want Ansah you are going to have to spend a 1st. He will shoot up the draft boards at the combine. He has a rare combination of size, speed and agility. He weights 270 and has run an 11 sec 100 meter. Still don't see him as just an edge rusher.

He plays all over the line at oregon. He is more a mix of JJ Watt and Mercilous. His style reminds me alot of Watt's. He gets off the line really fast and gets his long arms extended into the OL with a good jolt and when he sheds he doesn't loose ground, he does it with explosion and exceleration. When he shoots gaps he knows how to get skinny and get through the gap. He is very good in the open field because of his speed. What makes all this even more impressive is the fact that he has only been playing football for a couple of years.

He would be a very valuable player to have for this particular defense because of his versatility.