View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Day Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with your bolded section, RT or RG confuse me as well. I keep flopping back and forth on the replacement of Newton at RT, but BB pointed out to me in a PM that Newton has only given up 3 sacks and 6 penalties this season and that's pretty damn good for a guy in only his 2nd season and first year really playing.
I pretty much agree with BL's assessment of Newton playing rather well for a guy in only his second season as a late round pick.

He blocks well in space and does a really good job when he gets in space. My only issue is that he doesnt get a whole lot of push in the trenches ... and thats big considering how much of the Texans offense goes thru the run game and play action.

Quote:
As for OLB I don't think it's a 1st round need even if we lose Barwin in FA, which I really hope doesn't happen. I think Reed and Barwin are doing a good job, sacks aren't the only measure of an OLB. Both of them set the edge against the run and direct the run to the middle of the D-line very well, all the more reason to get better at NT. We drafted Merci as insurance against losing Barwin because Barwin was in the last year of his contract. If we lose Barwin, OLB is not a 1st round need because neither Reed or Merci are going to be a FA at the end of next season, thus no need for insurance against them leaving.
This is a good point and I pretty much agree with it but if a guy falls to them that they have rated highly , I could see them taking an OLB.

Quote:
I think our 1st round pick will most likely be at NT or CB if a really good CB falls to us, doubtful. I think Cody will be gone at the end of the season which leaves a huge hole in the D-line which Mitchell is not prepared to fill by himself. I think the early rounds of the draft go something like this: JMO...
I can see a scenario where they take a combination of NT/CB in the forst two rounds, isnt McCain a FA too ?

Quote:
1. NT or CB.
2. WR
3. OT/OG, a guy like Wagner that can most likely play both.
3b. ILB
Not feeling the WR pick , hard to imagine a guy they get that far down is going to take a roster spot from one of the current group of recievers.
If they do take a reciever that high , one of Walter or Jean is gone.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote