View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #89
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
That "safe" throw came on a 2nd & 8 early in the 2nd qtr on a Cecil Short hitch route that went 67 yds for the TD. The one from Blackmon was for 81 yds on a 3rd & 21 early in the 4th with a 27-20 lead. He caught the ball at midfield, 10 yds beyond their 1st down mark.

AJ screen pass came on 2nd & 5 near midfield and the play call was situational to Jax D and the time left in OT. It has nothing to do with being conservative.

The next time you're trying to make a point to anybody, get your facts straight.
I never referenced down & distance on either play. Your third down & long "point" holds no water. My point was (and is) a "safe" pass or draw play can result in a long game on any down.

And if you go back and look at the play-by-play, we weren't in "3rd & long" more than 3-4 times during the whole game. So I don't get why you're all pissed about something that happened - to us - rarely during the course of the game.

1st Qtr:
3rd and 5 at HOU 42 - (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete deep left to A.Johnson [T.Alualu].

2nd Qtr:
Nothing longer than 3rd & 3

3rd Qtr:
3rd and 17 at HOU 26 - (Shotgun) A.Foster right guard to HST 22 for -2 yards (P.Posluszny). FUMBLES (P.Posluszny), RECOVERED by JAX-J.Chick at HST 11. J.Chick to HST 11 for no gain (K.Walter). The Replay Assistant challenged the loose ball recovery ruling, and the play was Upheld. What else would you do deep in your own territory but run the ball?? Remember, the reason it was 3rd & 17 is because Schaub got sacked for 8 yds on the previous play.

4th Qtr:
3rd and 9 at JAC 29 - S.Graham 47 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-J.Weeks, Holder-D.Jones.
The reason this was 3rd & long is because Caldwell drew a false start penalty (I put that on Myers for waving his arm just prior to the snap - what was that about?)

O/T:
3rd and 7 at JAC 7 - (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short right to A.Johnson (D.Cox)
We're on their 7; no room for anything but short pass or a run (I think they tried a quick fade route and AJ actually got his hands on the ball but the DB made a good play by yanking his arm before he could secure the catch.

No more 3rd downs. Next series Schaub threw the pick trying to go down field to AJ (that was on 2nd down). The following time we won on AJ's TD.

Four times, in a five qtr game, we were in 3rd & long. Once was a FG attempt for the win. The other three times we went to our stars - or tried to - to give them a chance to make something good happen.

So I still ask, what's your point with this "3rd & long" griping?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote