View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

It would be stupid for Kubiak to change our QB at this point in the season. Tj Yates can come in for spot duty against Detroit, throw for 7 TDs & run for a couple on his own. & the smart play would still be to start Schaub against the Titans.

Now if Alex Smith is going to be out for three or four games & Kaepernick continues to put on a show as the team wins those four games, then yeah it becomes a little more tricky. Harbaugh has to really have control of his locker room regardless who he picks & puts up in front of his guys.

I remember there was a coach not too long ago who had a similar situation. He went with the wrong guy. It failed, imo, because he didn't have the locker room & they didn't buy into what he was selling.

& the QB he picked, though good, simply didn't add anything to the offense. He could make all the throws, he made good decisions, he wouldn't give the game away, but he didn't give them an advantage.

You'd think I was talking about Wade & Flutie, which fits this scenario to a T, but I'm talking about Del Rio.