View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #98
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
In your opinion, if we win the 2012/2013 Super Bowl would that change the way people see Matt Schaub, or our defense?

In other words, will they say we have a HOF QB, or an all time great defense?
Wow, hard question. ESPN always pushes a narrative, so I agree one will get crowned "The Reason" we won. It will depend mostly on how the games go in the playoffs. If they go 1985 bears and allow only 10 points for 3 games, it will obviously be defense. If Schaub wins a shootout or two, they will push that.

If I had to choose right now, knowing nothing else, I will say they will talk more about our defense if it holds together at all. Wade Phillips riding in to save the day, a guy they already love, with a career mostly defined. Then they can still ask Schaub if he is "elite" another 100 times.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote