View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Week Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
ties up p a boatload of cap space OL side of the cap equation, that is what I'm saying which seems a bit out of Texans character. I mean look what Texans have done will less expensive & lower draft picks, with exception of Duane Brown who is this franchise LT.

Really doubt Barwin is going to cost even what the Texans offered him last off season. However Texans will offer him the opportunity to be set for life which should sway his decision this time around.

I feel everybody on this board has been too hard on our OLB production. Funny time & place to voice this personal complaint but sure 65 won't mind. I have a theory, call it the "Cushing Effect" everybody has had to be more responsible & accountable for assignments each area of the field as compensation because Cushing is not there wrecking havoc or having their backs. So instead of pinning their ears back, hell bent after the QB they have to step back a little read the play & react to what the offense is doing more. Those split seconds count for something, they're called sacks. I also see a much higher ceiling than most for Mercilus, they have really been careful bringing him along, hopefully they remove his training harness & let him do his thing which is get after the QB then all this nonsense of drafting back to back OLB first/second day will be put to bed
If Barwin does leave, what will be different next draft than last draft when they used a first on Mercy? Instead of Barwin and Reed. It would be Mercilus and Reed with Mercy having only one year & Barwin more. With a less seasoned OLB corps would it not make even more sense to draft an OLB again?