View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #92
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
hmmm well i will counter that

heres an example of the rankings of defense who helped their teams win the super bowl

List goes on and on my point is while the starting QBs may have been "Elite" the defenses were no slouch. So cant say they won the SB "Just" because of their QB. Just saying.
I'm not sure what you are countering exactly but will further the discussion.

I said 20 years so I wouldn't have any arguments about the quality of QB, and I said the two non-HOF QBs had "All Time Great" defenses. Looking at your expanded list, 3 defenses should stick out to everyone, 1990 Giants, 2002 Bucs and 2000 Ravens. Those are All Time Great defenses, anyone picking the 3 best out of your list would choose those. Coincidentally (or not), people picking the 3 WORST QB's would also choose those three teams. Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer.

The thing to also remember is, even in 2000-2002 WRs were scared to go across the middle but now they do it freely knowing any big hit will be a 15 yard penalty and if the ball gets knocked loose it is much more likely to be called incomplete than a fumble. Basically it is now even harder to win without incredible play from your QB.
JamesBill is online now   Reply With Quote