View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #91
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Completely disagree.

Peyton Manning is a prime example. Colts aren't going 2-14 with Peyton Manning as their QB.

There are elite QB's in the NFL and while they may not win games single handed, if they are lost their teams expectations and ceiling dramatically drop.

I believe there are elite players at most every position, but the weight shifts heavily towards the QB because of their importance.

I think one of the things that leads to a QB being called elite are mostly due to having good outings in big games/moments (mainly the superbowl) or just being prolific in every aspect (Peyton Manning pre SB ring).

If Schaub has good games through the play-offs and has a good game and maybe some clutch throws in a superbowl then he will move up into the next tier of QB which would be Eli, Big Ben. Will probably never reach the Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers level but he can certainly reach Eli status.
I think that in Peyton's situation the Colts were built in such a way that no provision was made for his absence.

I also did talk myself into a circle and eventually did concede that there are elite QB's. I just feel like an elite QB is nothing but a good QB in a great situation given every opportunity to succeed and any number of factors can move that along or derail it.