Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #110
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
White had 1 less INT, but of the two he did have, one in the endzone the other was returned for a pick six. Plus it was the Conference championship which makes it more significant.

Now, I would say given the circumstances, both games about about equally as bad. And your statement was

So my answer would be Jason White.
Yeah but those INT's were all his receiver's fault anyway so they don't count

I'd rather have a pick 6 than turnovers that lead to extended drives. In my opinion the only difference between a pick 6 and a pick that's converted into a touchdown on the next drive is the offense loses those extra few minutes to score back -- which hurts a lot more with 3 minutes left and you're down by one possession.

I agree with that poster on Palmer, not on White though. Oh well. AFA the conference championship the reason its significance was reduced is because many voters had already cast their ballot. Often Heisman voters tend to treat the CCG like a bowl game -- separate from the regular season. The rationale being that White shouldn't be punished or rewarded for playing an extra game. If White had had that kind of game a week earlier, on Turkey Day weekend during the regular season vs OsU he wouldn't have won the trophy.