View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #85
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Shaub elite? Clutch? Are u kidding?
Eli Manning have 2 SB MVP countless comeback wins. AND people til this day are still questioning if this guy is elite(Ask Phil Simms).
I'm a diehard Texans fan like many here, but please somebody, kill this thread before my a-hole brother from Wisconsin sees it and erupt with laughter.

Stupid people still question whether he's elite. Nobody else does. "Elite" is a term that to me sounds like it should be just one or two guys but in reality there's no place in the NFL for the term because football isn't a sport where one guys talent takes over an entire game. Not ever. Not when Jerry Rice was playing with Joe Montana, not when Lynn Swann was catching passes. Never. I can put Tom Brady on the 1983 Oilers and he's a piece of **** from the late rounds. Period. I can do the same thing with any player you ask. Nobody is leading the Raiders to a Super Bowl over the last decade.

There aren't Elite QB's. There are good QB's and bad QB's and that's it. You can do it or you can't and how well you can do it all depends on all those variables again. Who's catching your passes? Who's protecting you? Who created the scheme you're playing in and who did your GM draft over the last ten years? It goes on and on but I don't believe for a second that Peyton Manning could be taking the Chiefs to the playoffs this year and neither does Peyton Manning. That's why Romeo Crennel's team wasn't on Peyton's short list.

More than what you accomplish though is how you develop. A good QB on a bad team or going through an OC revolving door where the system changes every year will become bad. Another good QB playing in a consistent environment will become great. "Elite" is a good QB in an optimal situation who has been able to hone his skills and reach a level of confidence that others just don't have. OK, I've talked myself back around into believing that there are Elite QB's but they're not the sole product of some genetic miracle. They're made not born.