Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game
Some of you guys are just too much.
You only read what you you want to read.
When I talked about Chris Myers, I admitted that he had his own bad plays.
I defended the plays in which I don't think he "sucked", but rather the guy next to him.
I didn't need to bring up his bad plays, because plenty of people already talked about them.
The same goes with KJ; I said exactly the same thing.
If you want to go into the details; it's very simple.
You can review this most current game.
Check out all of the pass plays (or just the longest ones) by the Jags.
1. The short one where KJax missed the tackle; he was on an island as the Texans were in zero coverage and brought a six-man blitz. That blitz left the throwing lane wide open on KJ's side. The pass rush FAILED him BIG TIME.
2. The one that Blackmon caught for 39 yards in the middle, KJax was also on an island. Look on the other side, why is it that Quin and JJo was doubling on Shorts?
Why is it that KJax draw Shorts in single coverage, and JJo needs a double coverage?
3. In the first quarter, Manning got help from Quin against Blackmon in the slot, and still got burned for 63 yards.
4. In the first quarter, Quin was turned around and burned by the TE Lewis for a 13yd TD pass; Manning backed him up but couldn't outjump the guy.
5. In the fourth quarter, McCain got help from a LB initially; then both safeties converged. Somehow, the whole bunch allowed Blackmon to catch the ball and escape for an 81 yd TD.
So did one or both safeties help out the other guys more, you bet they did!