View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Week Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Ideally, yes, grabbing an ILB, NT, CB or OLB in the first is ideal. But I am a firm believer in BPA. I dont like reaching for a lesser play, just because it fills an organizational hole. Cooper is the best player available at 32.
That's debatable.

"Reaches" aren't that big of a deal IMO outside of the top ten. Look at Seattle last year taking Irvin. Some people thought we reached on JJ Watt. Now people are saying he should have been taken higher.

I don't think you should base picks so much on who you think will be reaches, but base it on who you think is talented and can help the team. BPA is overrated by people outside of the top 10. And even in the top ten it's debatable sometimes. At pick #32 is shouldn't even enter the discussion IMO.

Quote:
As far as OG- has Brooks even seen the field yet? Dont get me wrong, I like the pick and think he has a lot of potential, but I am not putting eggs in his basket. Jones was a 4th round pick. He has looked good... but hardly great.
Brooks and Jones are Rookies. I just don't believe they are going to make those type of investment in players and then basically relegate them to back up duty after their rookie year. Even Caldwell got his chance to start.

And Brooks has a ton of potential. I believe they see him as a future starter next to Duane Brown.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote