View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #164
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I was going to post a long retort but luckily realized it would be a waste of time. Intead I just repped 76 and will post this.

76 stuck his neck and reputation on the line by defending KJ. He breaks down more film than probably anybody on the board and seems to have a much better football acumen than most on the board. He defended the undefendable and over time has been proven to be more than correct. This is the second time he has done this (Chris Myers).

76 is 2/2 when he really makes a point to defend someone. Next time we have a player getting trashed on the boards and 76 defends them it would probably be wise to listen to him.
Defending a player's long-time worth/value is not the same as habitually, after every game, finding a way to show that player's strengths while limiting the exposure of that same player's faults.

Truth be told, none of the 11 guys out there on the field are bad. It's just that some have fewer Doh! Homer Simpson moments than others. I like it when a poster can see positive aspects in a player, but to only be shown the positives and to never show the negatives??? Ummm OK, whatev.

Being unhappy is part of being a fan. And there's always a chance a player regresses out of nowhere, too, and I pray this isn't the case for KJ. He's been phenomenal this year. If we really hated KJ, we'd have threads that rake him over the coals for the things he does wrong this year. I haven't seen those threads, have you? It's year 3, and technically he's made it.