View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #84
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Most people will go with Eli. His 4th quarter splits are crazy and he has made some seriously awesome, memorable plays. Two 4th quarter comebacks in the superbowl doesn't hurt either.
He's also cost his team games in the 4th quarter. He's got 3 game winning drives and 3 4th quarter comebacks this year. But he's also lost 4 games. And in 3 of those 4 games, the Giants had a lead in the 4th quarter and gave it up.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, "clutch" QBs have to be losing until the 4th quarter. They asked Elway about all his 4th quarter comebacks once and he said that's something he'd prefer not to have to do because it means that they weren't playing good at the beginning of the game.

I prefer a QB who gets out fast, grabs the lead, and then doesn't give it up. That's not the definition of clutch but that's what I want in a QB. I want a ruthless QB who doesn't give the other team a chance, a QB who doesn't make mistakes, and who takes advantage of the other team's mistakes.

I think Schaub is developing into that kind of QB.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote