View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #111
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we overusing Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Kubes trusts Arian so much that he gives Arian the option to sub himself in or out depending on how he (Arian) feels. At this point, I think the high number of snaps for Arian is because Arian wants to be in the game.

Personally, I think they need to police his snaps a lot more and keep him on the sidelines some but... back in the day Eric Dickerson had several 350+ carry seasons (including a 400+ carry season) and didn't break down like modern backs seem to. Hopefully Arian is a throwback.
That is my concern is the 400+ carry threshhold. No modern back has ever had a 400 carry season without repercussions. It wouldn't bother me too much if we didn't just sign him to a fat extension but it's like buying a Viper and using it as a daily driver.

This article scares the bejeezus out of me! http://www.footballdocs.com/running_back_carries.html
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote