View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Week Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think our first round pick will be OLB, NT, ILB or CB. In no particular order.

I don't know if they bring McCain back and with Joseph having injury issues they may want to invest in a good corner that can play some nickel and be a starter just in case.

I don't know if Barwin comes back and really I see OLB as a need regardless. ILB for obvious reasons although it's not as glaring a hole as it was earlier but still worth consideration.

And NT. Cody has been banged up a bunch . A true stud in the middle, much like a true stud at OLB would go a long way to making this defense more than just good.

I don't see OG because of Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks. They aren't going to make both of those guys back ups which is essentially what they'd be doing. I think they'll re-sign Caldwell too. I also don't see OT in the first...maybe the 2nd or third. I think they like Newton. He's young, has upside and should continue to get better.

I also don't see WR in the first unless you trade up for what you think is a stud or if one falls to you. Otherwise, I think they roll with Martin, Jean and Posey as their receiving corps of the future.
Ideally, yes, grabbing an ILB, NT, CB or OLB in the first is ideal. But I am a firm believer in BPA. I dont like reaching for a lesser play, just because it fills an organizational hole. Cooper is the best player available at 32.

As far as OG- has Brooks even seen the field yet? Dont get me wrong, I like the pick and think he has a lot of potential, but I am not putting eggs in his basket. Jones was a 4th round pick. He has looked good... but hardly great.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote