View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #163
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You can get tired of whatever. The undisputed fact is that KJax is your starter.
Fine if you guys think that he sucked.
What I wanted to ask you is what was your prediction of what he will turn out to be after that "disastrous" season.
And let just end the discussion at that.

EU already admit that he was wrong on that part.
By his own admission, there was no way in hell that a guy like KJax can improve.

What was your take?
Shortened version (edited down):

My prediction was that he had 3 years to grow and blossom, or he should be moved to nickel back.

After 2010, to be honest I was actually thinking in 2011 that he might be moved to nickel back in the middle of that season...but Wade and Coach Joseph believed in him and it paid off. They made him split snaps with Allen, and it slowed things down for him. It culminated into his best game as a pro: The Ravens playoff game.

At that point, I was intrigued by his potential for 2012.

Without beating a dead horse here, the guy was bad in 2010...not turning his head around, drawing P.I.'s like crazy, and falling down on every field he played on. After every game, we were treated to screen shots that showed various reasons why KJ still played decently. I didn't buy it then, don't buy it now. When he fails, he fails. I would even wager that in Wade's meetings to this day, KJ is getting criticism for the things he did wrong in the most recent game. On here though, it was always some outside force that betrayed the greatness of Kareem Jackson.