View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #111
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we overusing Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Surely you don't believe that Gary's not aware of Arian's touches this year do you? I think what gary's point in all of this is that he's going to run his offense the way it needs to be ran so as to make sure that it's as effective as possible....no matter what. & right now that calls for Arian to carry the ball as much as he has thus far in the season.

I do think we are overusing him this year, but it's a bit misleading imo b/c i don't think we'd be doing it if Tate was healthy. you can't just give tate's carries to Forsett to offset b/c they don't pose the same threat. Forsett's a scat-back with little power...Tate's more of a bruiser than can wear down defenses....oh & he has break away speed too.

having said all this, I think Gary's not really worried too much about it b/c there's still time to curtail Arian's carries................................... if the team handles its business & wraps everything up by week 14-15 or so...& Tate gets healthy towards the end of the season. Then he and Forsett can handle the last few games of the season.
I am sure Kubes knows that he's been giving Arian the rock quite a bit this season. And I agree that if Tate could ever get healthy, which looks unlikely, that he'd be getting a lot of carries too. I think Forsett is a similar-ish back to Foster so why not use him when Foster's not as effective to at least lighten the wear and tear on him? Like the Chicago game where he was getting stuffed over and over in the 2nd half, would've preferred that was Forsett than our feature back.

I hope that someday Tate can get his ass out of the training room and onto the field. Doesn't look likely because the dude is constantly injured. In the mean time I'd LOVE to see what Grimes and do as well and really hope we can keep Arian below the 400 rushing attempts, but that's not looking good. Especially if we make it as far in the playoffs as we all hope.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote