View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #108
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we overusing Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Thought it would be a good time to re-visit this thread. Initially I voted no in the poll but I'd like to change my vote. Forsett looked good in his limited carries against JAX and I'm wondering why Kubes is so intent on force-feeding the ball to Foster instead of playing the hot hand. Gotta wonder what long-term effects his workload this season is going to cause going forward.
Surely you don't believe that Gary's not aware of Arian's touches this year do you? I think what gary's point in all of this is that he's going to run his offense the way it needs to be ran so as to make sure that it's as effective as possible....no matter what. & right now that calls for Arian to carry the ball as much as he has thus far in the season.

I do think we are overusing him this year, but it's a bit misleading imo b/c i don't think we'd be doing it if Tate was healthy. you can't just give tate's carries to Forsett to offset b/c they don't pose the same threat. Forsett's a scat-back with little power...Tate's more of a bruiser than can wear down defenses....oh & he has break away speed too.

having said all this, I think Gary's not really worried too much about it b/c there's still time to curtail Arian's carries................................... if the team handles its business & wraps everything up by week 14-15 or so...& Tate gets healthy towards the end of the season. Then he and Forsett can handle the last few games of the season.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote