View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Week Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Tried to grasp my arms around Coop (reminds me of Newton) so how different are they really (Texans drafted Newton in 7th #214 overall)? Newton could be heck of a RG too, with proven NFL RT experience & development. I would be more than willing to reach a little @ OT to upgrade edge w/bellcow tackle, Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin.

In regards to drafting another high ceiling developmental OLB I just can't buy that either after working through last years draft & taking Mercilus in the first. I understand your mock is contingent on Barwin walking but on what grounds? His contract worth has dropped based on production to the cap value Texans can stomach & Connor would be wise to accept, re-opens second.

Is it reasonable to expect a #1 WR later in the draft especially end of the 4th rd.? The player must have something significant that drops his stock, including baggage, to give 31 NFL teams to pass him by 140 picks or whatever, plus to replace Andre is going to be very difficult anyway with all the pressure & comparisons. If you want a #1 your best bet is the first rd. maybe trade up or just get damn lucky. Vernon is not a #1 but he is more than capable set of new hands to help solidify a bunch of unproven WR's, hint, hint.

Other than that love your picks & insight in player evaluation.
I dont know about Newton at RG- 6'6" is pretty tall for an interior lineman.

I get what you are saying about WR though, I really do. I am not expecting Wilson to become a number 1, just that I believe he has a better chance to do so than others available. Vernon is an interesting prospect. Those who dont watch Duke see that he is a 6'1" white kid playing receiver, and assume that he is a possession receiver without any explosive attributes. This could not be farther from the truth. He has very good acceleration, and his long speed is underrated. Now, I dont know how much he actually brings to the WR corps. I dont know if he stands out from the pack.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote