View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #73
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Whether we like it or not, the QB is associated with wins & losses way more than any other player. As long as Schaub is the leader of what was until recently a bunch of losers, no one is going to put the clutch label on Schaub.

Doesn't matter that the defense gave away twice as many wins as he's credited for. That's not going to change.

If we win the Super Bowl, Schaub will be called clutch.
I agree, although it may actually be much more valid these days. Look how scary the Broncos are now, and how bad the Colts were with a scrub.

I also agree views will be widely changed if he wins a superbowl. It might even make my comparison to previous superbowl winners less valid because we give massive credit to QBs who win superbowls. Kinda self fufilling prophecy, or chicken and the egg (?) whatever.

Your point about being "clutch" is wrong IMO, but that just shows how bad the term is. I doubt very many people have the same definition, so it seems pointless to argue over it.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote