View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #71
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

In the last 20 years, I can't name a QB worse than Schaub, or not a freaking Hall of Famer, to win a Super Bowl except Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. Both of those guys had an all time great defense, and were under a very different rule system.

MY worry about Schaub is, have the rules have changed so much that without an elite QB it might be almost impossible to win it all. Elite quarterbacks have become priceless. Really legit starters are priceless, but an elite quarterback these days can destroy any defense if he is hot. You can't hit him, his receivers, and pass interference is constantly called.

I guess the league did this for more excitement, and to increase comeback ability so people don't turn off their TVs knowing the game is over, but IMO it has backfired lessening the parity. Can a team win a Superbowl these days without a superstar quarterback, or a QB playing like a superstar? It is obviously extremely difficult, which makes a championship a realistic possibility for very few teams, moving the NFL closer to the realities of the NBA and away from building teams.

The fact is Schaub is the 6th best quarterback among the 8 division leaders in the NFL, which makes it highly likely every QB the Texans face in the playoffs is better.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote