View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Day Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1. I agree that Cooper would be a stud at OG for the Texans and possible pro bowler, I just think that there's a bigger need at RT, and that RG at least is relatively easily replaced and not worth a 1st round pick. He could step in right away and replace W. Smith at LG but we've got him relatively inexpensively for another year and I don't see the Texans making that many O-line moves. I think a very good OG and/or RT can be had in the 2nd round. I'd spend that 1st round pick at DT/NT, and luckily there are several in next years draft that fit our system and are considered 1st round pick worthy.
RG or RT .... I dont know who's missed more , Winston or Briesel. Those guy's were significantly better than Caldwell & Newton in the run game tho since Jones took that position , things seem a "little" better but not better enough.

Newton , Im just not sold on .... He does a solid job in pass protection but he does get a lot of help in that aspect by the playcalling with all the play action , an assist from TE's & Casey .... Ive seen Walter chip a DE on occasion too.

I cant make up my mind on the RT / RG arguement. I think in the coming draft it needs to be one or the other early and a developmental player at the opposite position later.

Wouldnt mind a NT but the top tier will be long gone by the time the Texans pick in the first round and there are several guy's in that second group that are relatively close in terms of talent. I think you get more value at the position later in the draft , maybe make a move up to the middle of the 3rd round.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote