View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #94
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Besides Watt, D-line simply just not getting done this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
And Wade has said he doesn't care if the NT is big or small he will fit the defense around them. 76 was trying to say that Wade wants the OLB to not be the focus of his pass rush but rather the inside players. But in reality the OLB are just not playing nearly as well as last year.
Bolded is not exactly true. Wade has said he plays with what he has. Said he has been successful with both types. Agree with rest of your post and 76's.

I think it was a mistake to have Barwin get bigger as any increased strength has not allowed him to overcome opponents. IMO he goes into blocks and tries to run around not thru without success. He has shut down the outside some but that is not Wade's playbook for OLB. His successes have been QB sacks and hurries and this season we don't have that from any OLB. Wade is trying to be successful with Watt and to some extent Ninja. Again he is working with what he has. I do believe he was hoping Mercilus would come on strong last half of season. Will be interesting if Whitney gets more play against Lions.

I still see a big NT in draft as dire need. James has stepped up but still like my mock pick of Andrew Jackson ILB in third. OLB still gonna be drafted just what round. Keep an eye of Quanteras Smith 12.5 sacks and teammate of Jackson.