View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #128
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm not going to say any more on the matter. You all will never understand the criticism Matt Schaub gets. & I'll never understand settling.

Matt Schaub has what it takes to be elite. We've seen it. If y'all don't see the difference between the way he played Sunday compared to the way he played every other game this year (beyond the play calls & the formations), then I don't know what to say.

He's a pro-bowl alternate, that's the way he normally plays. Sunday, he was a front runner, a favorite, 1st team all-pro. Better than Manning, better than Brady.
I get what you're saying. Schaub seems not to play with that fire-breathing sense
of urgency on every snap that you see out of Manning, Brady, Roethlisburger, or
Brees. He has the same command of THIS offense as those guys have of their
respective offenses, but he does not play with that urgency unless the team is down
a couple of scores.

It frustrates me just the same, and as the season goes on, I think he'll start
to assert himself more. Our defense is good, but it can't afford have the offense
continue to expose it by not converting 3rd downs.