View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #125
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Kubiak shouldn't have a say in it. I'm not asking for plays to be called differently, I'm not asking for Matt to take any more chances than he did Sunday.

Y'all are saying he isn't Brees, or Rogers.. Sunday, he looked just as good as any of the elites to me. He was put in do or die situations for most of the game & he did.

He did what he had to do, to get us a TD when we needed it, to get us a first down when we needed it.

He didn't take what the defense gave him, he dictated what we were going to do.

He played like an All-Pro yesterday, not a game manager, not a "good enough" QB. He played like the guy we need him to be to take us to Super Bowl, & not the guy who won't get in our way.

Jacksonville has a horrible defense, particularly against the pass. They decided to sell out against the run. The Texans took exactly what the defense gave them. The defense played soft to avoid the big play and left the middle open. The Texan TEs at up the middle of the field and AJ had a field day driving underneath on the edge. This is about Kubiak. Schaub's job is to execute the game plan. He does that. Often, the game plan is to protect the ball at all costs... or, to hand off 10 times in a row to set up a deep pass via play action. The Texans are not designed to be, nor do they want to be a QB-centric offense. I would find peace with that... or, you will continue to be frustrated as the Texans continue to win with regularity.