View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #26
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's not a call for you to make.

Guys make a choice to play football. It's their choice. They know the risk involved.

You can put all the rules in the game that you want, but as long as it's still football guys are going to get hit in the head and get concussions.

You have the luxury of sitting and watching the play multiple times...Rewinding...Thinking about it...

When you are on the field you don't have time to think about stuff like that. That's why rookies who think to much play slower and take time to get acclimated to the speed of the game.

He's thinking about making a play. And wanting to hit a guy up high is not the same as wanting to go head hunting.

The way they are going it's going to negatively affect the game. I can understand taking out the intentional blows to the head, but the plays where a D-lineman may brush a QB's helmet when he's flying past him or when a guy may make incidental contact with a players helmet is ridiculous.

It's like almost every time there is a hard hit I'm wondering if a flag is going to be thrown...Football is about hard hits, and if you don't want to be hit hard then don't play.
Rules have changed as we've learned more about how injuries affect the players. You say **** happens, its the risk they take and I disagree. There are rules in place to minimize those risks, and in the NFL does this both for the players and the sustainability of the product.

Most rules changes affect the game. Whether it makes it better or worse is subjective. Some people may enjoy slog fests where the final score is 6-3 but others may enjoy high scoring affairs where the offense gets the advantage. "Better" is not a factual or logical statement.

Games change with time. The game we play today is different in many, many ways than the game that was invented. This rule is not the biggest change we've seen, but I guess people just enjoy thinking short term