View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
There are risks involved, but its not worth my entertainment to see people severely, permanently injured. Dobbins could have wrapped him up or hit him hip high. Instead, he chose to hit him high and was fined as a result of it.
That's not a call for you to make.

Guys make a choice to play football. It's their choice. They know the risk involved.

You can put all the rules in the game that you want, but as long as it's still football guys are going to get hit in the head and get concussions.

You have the luxury of sitting and watching the play multiple times...Rewinding...Thinking about it...

When you are on the field you don't have time to think about stuff like that. That's why rookies who think to much play slower and take time to get acclimated to the speed of the game.

He's thinking about making a play. And wanting to hit a guy up high is not the same as wanting to go head hunting.

The way they are going it's going to negatively affect the game. I can understand taking out the intentional blows to the head, but the plays where a D-lineman may brush a QB's helmet when he's flying past him or when a guy may make incidental contact with a players helmet is ridiculous.

It's like almost every time there is a hard hit I'm wondering if a flag is going to be thrown...Football is about hard hits, and if you don't want to be hit hard then don't play.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote