View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #23
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed Suspended

Video of the Ed Reed hit: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...f-safety-rules

I thought this was a clear head-hunting type of hit. Reed propels himself at the WR with his arms at his side, like a missile hitting a target. He doesn't make any attempt to tackle or even go low to the midsection. No question in my mind that this was an illegal hit.

Glad to see him get suspended, but I'd like them to do more. This sort of "technique" is hurting the game, and just makes teams look stupid when they can't tackle. I'm sure Ed Reed knows how to tackle, but he just chooses not to in this case. Hit 'em in the pocketbook, then we'll start seeing some changes and going back to the basics of fundamental tackling.