View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #22
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I've lost a little interest in the NFL as a whole. Still love football, but I just disagree with some of the calls and penalties they dole out. I don't think Dobbins should have been flagged nor fined and I don't believe Reed should have been either.

Take out the egregious stupid head hunting stuff. That's fine, but this borderline stuff should be left a lone.

It's football. Guys will get injured. Players are going to get concussions. Even with the amped up rules it's still happening. The only thing is that now you have a bunch of berderline BS stuff being called making the game less enjoyable IMO. Guys should be thinking about making good, clean hard hits...Not about how they might need to ease up or aim super low or not even hit hard because they don't want to get fined....

The game moves too fast for that. Saw a lot of talk about how Dobbins should have pulled up or some junk...Cutler is running towards him, Dobbins towards him...Two big fast guys running towards each other in open space is going to lead to a hard impact...Dobbins eases up there and it's possible Cutler pump fakes him and runs right past him.

Taking the aggression out of football is taking out a big element of the game.

Again, take the dirty purposeful head hunting out. That's fine. But penalizing guys who are making incidental contact because they didn't go way out of their way to avoid contact is bad for the game IMO.
Dobbins specifically said he was trying to hit him high to mess up the throw. Bang - bang play? Sure, but when someone comes out and says "I was trying to him him high" he's going to get fined. At the end of the day, it's a game. There are risks involved, but its not worth my entertainment to see people severely, permanently injured. Dobbins could have wrapped him up or hit him hip high. Instead, he chose to hit him high and was fined as a result of it.