View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #46
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gut Check Game.....Good for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I applaud them only because I'm a Texan fan. If Kubiak made that decision, the pink soapers would be wearing out their keyboards.

On second thought, maybe Mularkey just didn't trust his D from any point on the field. Regardless, punting the ball was the right call, as a head coach, IMHO.
I agree with the decision, although I would probably feel different if the Texans had done the same thing.

Basically, punting the ball at that point was giving up any chance to win the game, although increasing your chance for a tie. At 1-8, the possibility of losing the game instead of tieing it doesn't really bring any downside, and a win is a win - even for a team that's just trying to get to 2-8.

Had it been the Texans, it would have been kind of gut-wrenching, but when you look at the potential repercussions of a loss that would be both a conference and a division loss, and compare that to a tie, the logical decision is probably different. Fortunately, it was theirs to make, and it turned out to go our way.