View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: An unlikely "hero" on the Texans defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've just got to give a shout out to Allan Ball who made 2 big plays in the waning moment to end the game.

First, he made a nice play to break up the ball to Robinson on a fade route on third and ten.

Then on 4th down, he stayed with Blackmon well on the deep dig route, helping to force an errant throw (along with the pass rush.)
I saw Jjo with that thing on his knee & I almost freak'd... then I saw Ball in the game & I had that

look on my face.

Then he made that one play, knocking the ball out of Robinson's hands as he went to the ground & I was like.... all-right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
On the first throw, he demonstrated that the CB doesn't have to turn his head and can still defend a pass if he plays his technique well.
(Derek Cox also defended a fade to AJ in the endzone in the same way.)

On the second throw, due to his position, he was able to look at the ball and was not called for PI even though he arrived a hair early, and the ball seemed to be a little behind the receiver.
Kj's break up of that TD was another where turning to look for the ball would have been bad.