View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #88
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Besides Watt, D-line simply just not getting done this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Is it true that Barwin put on a bit of weight in the offseason? I heard he tried to get stronger, but I'm afraid that was at the expense of losing some speed.
That, and I think part of it is also due to the scheme.

It seems to me that often times, Wade wants the OLBs to contain the edges so that the guys in the interior can make play (whether by penetrating or batting down a pass).

Actually, I like this scheme better because the path to the QB is shorter and if the offense tries a draw play, the penetration inside will be effective as well.

Another plus is we won't have to pay a truckload for edge rusher.

I think Wade is very smart in making the best out of his depth chart.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote