Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #85
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
The total tackles and 6 INTs are pretty impressive. I think you are selling Te'o a bit short. No, I don't think he deserves it over Manziel, but he should be in the discussion. Besides, he is the best player on arguably the best team in the country.

Once again, I think Manziel deserves it but if Notre Dame goes undefeated, Te'o will win the Heisman. I am hoping USC finds a way to beat them.
Teo ranks 40th in total tackles (Dan Molls of Toledo leads at 148) but I will agree that 6 INT's is impressive for a LB and good enough for 2nd overall. Still, he doesn't blow anyone away with stats.

The only reason Te'o will win is if enough Heisman voters simply believe a freshman shouldn't win, even if he really is the best player in the country.