Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #82
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
What oustanding thing has Te'o done that should put him in serious consideration? I mean really. What stats make him shine? Or is the unidentifiable "intangibles" that people point to when they can't find hard evidence?

The truth is Te'o is having a mediocre year statistically. His stats are middle of the road. Yes, he's a good leader, but most every good team has them. Compare Te'o to Moore A&M who is the NCAA leader in sacks but has no mention for the Heisman. Very comparable.

Te'o
Tackles
TOT SOLO SACK
96 43 2

Moore
Tackles
TOT SOLO SACK
78 53 12.5

Te'o
Other stats
INT YDS TD
6 35 0

Moore
Other stats
Passes Broken Up QB Hurries Fumbles Forced Kicks/Punts Blocked
2 7 1 1
The total tackles and 6 INTs are pretty impressive. I think you are selling Te'o a bit short. No, I don't think he deserves it over Manziel, but he should be in the discussion. Besides, he is the best player on arguably the best team in the country.

Once again, I think Manziel deserves it but if Notre Dame goes undefeated, Te'o will win the Heisman. I am hoping USC finds a way to beat them.