View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Day Mock

Thanks for the opinions guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You made me happy with all the attention to the OL - especially that first pick.

Really like the 5th round pick too.
It does not matter how good your skill players are if they have no holes/time to work with.

Broomfield is a stud, glad you agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
JMO:

1. Cooper, I love the player and appreciate the emphasis on the O-line but I think there's bigger needs to be filled in the 1st round especially with 2 young OG just taken this year and one of them, Jones, is already starting. If I went O-line in the 1st round it would have to be for a RT. A RT would improve our depth by making Newton our new swing OT with experience and we'd still have Brooks to take an OG spot or be high quality OG/RT depth.
2. Ansah, I haven't looked at the OLB's since I don't see it as a need.
3. Winters, I like the emphasis on the O-line but am not familiar with Winters at all.
3. Benavides, I've read on other sites that many consider him the best C in the draft so I have doubt that he's available this late. Also I don't see the need for another C since we just selected Jones this year to be the depth behind Meyer. 3 out of the first 4 picks on the O-line, seems a bit much.
4. Wilson, I love this pick and took him in the 2nd round a few weeks ago before he quit on the team, great value if still available. He's got really good fundamental WR skills.
5. Williams, another new name to look at, not familiar with him. I'd pick NT earlier, no later than the 3rd.
5. Broomfield, I like the player and pick, the height could be an issue if he's 5'08".
6. Kasa, I like the position chosen this late but again not familiar with the player.
6. Blair, not familiar with the player but I like the position chosen and his size for the position. Depth at ILB is a good thing. Probably plays alot of special teams as well.
7. Rice, I like it. In an era when field position is so important the ability to pin your opponent deep in their own territory is nice.

I like the emphasis on the O-line but think it's a bit to much, and you gave me some new names to look at.
1) The Cooper pick came down to a couple things. First, what players were available? Cooper was my highest ranked player that I could make a case for. Secondly, what does the depth look like/future starters? OG is iffy, as Ben Jones was a 4th, while Brooks was a 3rd who is yet to see the field. I doubt they both pan out to be starters. Cooper should become a starter, could be from day 1. What position would you go for here?

2) If Barwin leaves I think OLB absolutely becomes a need. Also, have you seen pressure from our OLBs? I dont think opposing QBs have. Ansah fits into Barwin's spot perfectly.

3) Winters is a very solid OT. I see his floor as a swing tackle, but I think he could give Newton some competition and eventually become the starter at RT.

3) I think Benavides will fall come April. He is on the smaller side, and is not a mauler. I think OC is a need, as who is really the backup? Jones is at OG.

4) Glad you agree. I worry a bit about him being here though, your thoughts about that?

5) So would I really, just none really fell to me. I felt like I would be reaching. And I figured, since we are so far away from the draft, no harm in adding a new name for some people.

5) Honestly, his size (or rather, lack thereof) is the only reason he is available this late. The dude has legit cover skills, and has a nose for the football. Just a playmaker.

6) Kasa has been impressive. He is very new to the position, but has made some big plays in addition to being a great blocker. One of the lone bright spots for Colorado this year.

6) Yep. I would have preferred to go ILB earlier, but Blair providesgood bang-for-your-buck here. After Jackson in the 3rd, I dont see a lot of difference between the linebackers.

7) Another thing to consider is that this 7th rounder makes the team. Find another guy to do that.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote