View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #80
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin and reed just aren't great pass rushers. The end. They get their sacks when they are unblocked or when the qb starts to move out of the pocket and they just chase them down and get the sack.

They don't consistently beat one on one match ups. Merci, to my surprise, looks more explosive than both those guys. My guess is that merci will be the starting wolb next year and barwin either won't be back or he'll be battling reed for the solb position which they are both better suited for...

I said this way earlier in the season, but this defense looks a lot better with a true pass rushing threat on the outside. The defense would go from really good to f'n scary. Wouldn't have to blitz as much which would allow more people in coverage. When we did send blitzes they'd be more effective.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote