View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012   #29
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77346 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you like the current OT rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't like the new OT rules anymore than the previous sudden death mode. I just wish they would change it to "First touchdown to score wins." That's it, simple, and it focuses on the most interesting part of the game. At the end of each Sunday, NFL Redzone does a montage showing every touchdown from that day, they don't show field goals, cause nobody cares about them. Touchdowns are exciting, field goals are meh.
My problem with this is that since field goals are part of the game, why penalize the team with the better kicker. If one of the teams scored points because their kicker was able to drill numerous fileld goals of over 50 yards, and then you get to overtime and tell them "Oh, by the way, your kicker doesn't count anymore (unless of course you lose the coin toss and have to kick off)", that's simply changing the game as far as I'm concerned.

As ridiculous as it sounds, it's kind of like saying most people find the passing game to be more interesting and exciting than rushing the ball, so once we get to overtime, every play has to be a pass.