View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Thanksgiving Day Mock

JMO:

1. Cooper, I love the player and appreciate the emphasis on the O-line but I think there's bigger needs to be filled in the 1st round especially with 2 young OG just taken this year and one of them, Jones, is already starting. If I went O-line in the 1st round it would have to be for a RT. A RT would improve our depth by making Newton our new swing OT with experience and we'd still have Brooks to take an OG spot or be high quality OG/RT depth.
2. Ansah, I haven't looked at the OLB's since I don't see it as a need.
3. Winters, I like the emphasis on the O-line but am not familiar with Winters at all.
3. Benavides, I've read on other sites that many consider him the best C in the draft so I have doubt that he's available this late. Also I don't see the need for another C since we just selected Jones this year to be the depth behind Meyer. 3 out of the first 4 picks on the O-line, seems a bit much.
4. Wilson, I love this pick and took him in the 2nd round a few weeks ago before he quit on the team, great value if still available. He's got really good fundamental WR skills.
5. Williams, another new name to look at, not familiar with him. I'd pick NT earlier, no later than the 3rd.
5. Broomfield, I like the player and pick, the height could be an issue if he's 5'08".
6. Kasa, I like the position chosen this late but again not familiar with the player.
6. Blair, not familiar with the player but I like the position chosen and his size for the position. Depth at ILB is a good thing. Probably plays alot of special teams as well.
7. Rice, I like it. In an era when field position is so important the ability to pin your opponent deep in their own territory is nice.

I like the emphasis on the O-line but think it's a bit to much, and you gave me some new names to look at.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 11-20-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote